Where it goes to the next record?

On a weekend, which had begun with some problems, Stefan Bradl grabs another victory and thus extends championship lead on 43 points.

(Autosport.com) the fifth round of the Moto2 World Championship in the Spanish Barcelona began for Stefan Bradl with a very fast first lap. Then he read Julian Simon in the second round pass, because he thought Simon would be faster and would drag it a little. After he noticed that this was not the case he passed back to him and no longer ceded the lead until the finish.


With this victory, Bradl took a more "record": he has six World Cup wins on the account of his career and is a victory before his father Helmut. "There is already a cool feeling, that I did that and I know that he is even more pleased about as I." "I must also thank my family, she supported me where she can," he said happily after the race.


"I had a good start and a great first round." Then, I have vorbeigelassen Simon because I believed he would be faster and could move me. But I realized very quickly that I could easily go his pace and overtook him therefore again. It's been great, we had severe problems with the setting on Friday, but my guys worked hard and put out a motorcycle me, with which I could do. This was a super job. My team works beautifully and draws together, which is great. With the many races that now consecutive come the decisive phase of the World Cup starts now. "Now we must simply continue on the level and then we can stand well at the end", Bradl summed up his race.


Team principal Stefan Kiefer added: "This is indescribable, already sensational!" Well, we had some problems before the qualifying. But we have again times almost perfectly get the motorcycle, so Stefan was satisfied and could get the pole position. Then we were somewhat relaxed and know that we can ride already front. That it then so confidently enough almost start finish victory for one, I would have not believed. But this is the strength of Stefan, the motorcycle and also of the entire team at the moment. What still approaches is also the great team result with Randy Krummenacher, he occupies the fifth place. Our best result in the team we are in the World Championship are. "What should we say to..."